The 10th Annual Wiliwili Festival celebrates the conservation and restoration of Hawaii’s lowland dry forest and the iconic wiliwili tree! Over two days, the Waikoloa Dry Forest Initiative will present talks, exhibitors, workshops, virtual and in-person hikes in the forest. For our Hawai’i Island residents, we’ll also be featuring a native plant giveaway, keiki forest scavenger hunt, and a photo contest.
Wiliwili Festival Coloring Contest
Our Wiliwili Festival Coloring Contest is underway! If you haven’t entered it yet, you can print our coloring sheet out here. Be sure to head over to KTA in Waikoloa by Feb. 11th to submit your entry! Submissions will be judged based on creativity, color choices & medium. One winner from the following categories will win some wiliwili cool Waikōloa Dry Forest merchandise. Winners will be announced during the Virtual Wiliwili Festival on Sat. Feb. 13th at 1:00pm.
In-Person at The Waikōloa Dry Forest Preserve
- The preserve will be open to the public from 8am-4pm during the Wiliwili Festival, a docent will greet you and orient you to the site.
- We will allow self-guided hikes and offer small group hikes led by staff and volunteers throughout the day.
- Keiki scavenger hunts can be picked up at the front gate and redeemed for a chance to win prizes at Hale Hana Hou.
- Our native plant giveaway will begin at 10am on Friday at our nursery in the preserve. First come, first serve!
- Please follow signs, and park with courtesy for others.
- Masks and social distancing will be required and we appreciate your help in keeping our community safe.
- Directions can be found here.
- Wiliwili Great Photo Contest – Can you capture a wiliwili great photo in the dry forest? This is your chance to get your creative juices flowing and show us what you’ve got! Share your best photo from the forest on Instagram using the hashtag #WiliwiliGreatPhoto. Make sure to tag us @WaikoloaDryForest. The winner will score some awesome WDFI Merch! Photo submissions will be shared on our Instagram story during the festival. If your instagram account is private, we will not be able to see your photo. You can submit your photo to us by private messaging our @WaikoloaDryForest account. All photos must be taken in the Waikōloa Dry Forest during the Festival on Feb. 12th or 13th. The winner will be announced at 4:00pm on Feb. 13th. Only one photo submission allowed per person.
Live Music in the Forest! We’re excited to wrap up the 10th Annual Wiliwili Festival with Mister Peanut Butter and Ocean Grown in the Waikōloa Dry Forest Preserve on Saturday, February 13th from 5pm to 8pm! All proceeds from this fun evening will benefit the Waikōloa Dry Forest Initiative and our mission to protect, promote, and restore native Hawaiian Dry Forest.
$25 Advanced Tickets Required. We are limiting the number of attendees so we will not be accepting payment at the gate. Beer and wine will be available for purchase.
Access to all virtual Wiliwili Festival activities is FREE, as always, but we recommend downloading Whova to gain access to everything in one place. Within the app, you can check out our exhibitor booths, sponsors, silent auction, photos of the forest and the event, and network with other attendees. Please join us for this exciting, new format for our 10th Annual Wiliwili Festival!
Visit the Wiliwili Festival Event Website!